||Provide general oversight and supervision of the operations and activities at the clients’ home, and when accompanying clients into the community.
- Properly complete daily documentation: progress notes, incident reports, inspection checklists, client contact hours, program data, etc.
- Oversee and provide instruction in client routines such as housekeeping, kitchen chores, laundry, personal shopping, banking and others.
- Provide client skill training as specified in the Individualized Services Plan/Individual Habilitation Plan, and provide documentation. Skill training areas may include: cooking, meal planning, housekeeping, kitchen chores, laundry, shopping, banking, etc.
- Participate as a team member in the development of the clients' Individualized Services Plan/Individual Habilitation Plan.
- Maintain awareness of clients' physical condition and activity level and report suspected problems or symptoms to the Lead Residential Supervisor, Case Manager, Nurse, or other administrative personnel.
- Supervise the clients in the self-administration of prescribed medications and treatments, and document the procedure when applicable.
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with consultants and other staff of the agency. Respond appropriately to clients' family and friends, as well as guests of the clients.
- Be familiar with the location and the organization of the client records and files, and other record keeping systems.
- Implement behavior development programs and complete documentation, if applicable.
- Provide counseling and crisis intervention to clients in need of such assistance and guidance.
- Operate agency vehicle in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Respond per established procedures to all emergency situations including: medical, behavioral, fire, severe weather and other hazards.
- Be familiar, and act in accordance, with established safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform minor maintenance and housekeeping at the direction of the Lead Residential Supervisor or other administrative personnel.
- Supervise and assist the clients in recreational programming, medical appointments, shopping or other activities as appropriate.
- If appropriately qualified, may serve as MHP for planning and delivery of Medicaid mental health services.
- Perform other unspecified tasks and duties at the direction of the Lead Residential Supervisor, Case Manager, Coordinator of Residential Alternatives, Director of Residential Services or other administrative personnel.
||Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Driving record in accordance with agency policy. A criminal background check and post offer drug screen required. EOE.
||1/01; 1/09, 7/09,8/12