- Properly complete daily documentation: progress notes, incident reports, inspection checklists, client contact hours, program data, etc.
- Oversee and provide instruction in client wake-up routines such as grooming and hygiene procedures, breakfast, housekeeping, preparation for the days activities and transportation.
- Provide client training as specified in the Individualized Services Plan/Individual Habilitation Plan, and provide documentation.
- Participate as a team member in the development of the clients Individualized Services Plan/Individual Habilitation Plan.
- Maintain awareness of clients physical condition and activity level and report suspected problems or symptoms to the Lead Child Care Worker, Case Manager/Child Welfare Worker, Coordinator of Community Housing/Child Care Supervisor, Nurse, or other administrative personnel.
- Supervise the clients in the self-administration of prescribed medications and treatments, and document the procedure when applicable.
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with consultants and other staff of the agency. Respond appropriately to clients family and friends, as well as guests of the clients.
- Be familiar with the location and the organization of the client records and files, and other record keeping systems.
- Provide counseling and crisis intervention to clients in need of such assistance and guidance.
- Operate agency vehicle in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Respond per established procedures to all emergency situations including: medical, behavioral, fire, severe weather and other hazards.
- Be familiar, and act in accordance, with established safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform minor maintenance and housekeeping at the direction of the Lead Child Care Worker or other administrative personnel.
- Perform other unspecified tasks and duties at the direction of the Lead Child Care Worker, Case Manager/Child Welfare Worker, Coordinator of Community Housing/Child Care Supervisor, Director of Behavioral Health/Child Welfare Supervisor, or other administrative personnel.