||Medical Appointment Associate
||Provide general oversight and supervision of the activities both in the home setting, and when accompanying clients into the community.
- Office will be located at Joyce Road.
- Make all medical appointments, as needed with physicians who accept Public Aid and/or medicare, if applicable.
- Prepare appropriate paperwork needed for doctor's appointments.
- Transport residents to medical appointments.
- At conclusion of doctor's appointment, make sure that 3 copies are made of any prescriptions, take original prescription to pharmacy, and send one copy of prescription to the resident's house for resident record, one to Nurse and one to the QIDP, pick up medications when ready. Contact day program of any medication changes. Distribute original medical report form to house, with copies to QIDP and nurses.
- Maintain a schedule of all medical annuals, and schedule them as they are due. Provide a schedule of all appointments to QIDP's monthly with updates as new appointments are made and post schedule in residential area on bulletin board also.
- Maintain a schedule of scripts for residents and obtain new scripts from the physician as they become outdated. (6 months for all scripts except PRN's that are annual.)
- Assist residents to and from Psychiatric Reviews if needed.
- Pick up and drop off of clothing, lunches, medication, etc. to day program as directed by QIDP's.
- Transport any ill resident from vocational site and supervise when not involved in appointments.
- Help with other caseloads with above duties as needed.
- Properly complete daily documentation: progress notes and incident reports as needed.
- Maintain awareness of clients' physical condition and activity level and report suspected problems or symptoms to QIDP or other administrative personnel.
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with the other staff of the home, QIDP, and staff in other programs and departments. Respond appropriately to clients' family and friends, as well as guests of the home.
- Be familiar with the location and the organization of the residents' records and files, and other record keeping systems.
- Provide counseling and crisis intervention to clients in need of such assistance and guidance.
- Operate agency vehicle in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Respond per established procedures to all emergency situations including: medical, behavioral, fire, severe weather and other hazards.
- Be familiar, and act in accordance, with established safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide complete documentation of behavioral incidents, and carry out resident's behavior programs.
- Communicate with home staff when taking a resident to physician and QIDP of any medical problems with residents, which may need medical attention immediately or within the week.
- If applicable, provide assisrance with redidential client's wake up routines and transport them to day program.
- Perform other unspecified tasks and duties at the direction of QIDP, Coordinator of Residential Alternatives, and Director of Residential Services, Nurses or any other administrative personnel.
||Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Driving record and auto insurance in accordance with agency policy. A criminal background check and post offer drug screen required. EOE.
||REV: 01/01; 6/03; 11/05; 1/09, 7/09, 4/10,8/12,8/12, 1/13